In order to conduct successful talent assessments in retention, you need to provide managers with essential information for talent management. Below are some of the facets of this essential information.
· Job-related traits necessary for superior performance – When the manager knows what the job entails, they are better placed to nurture such traits in the individual. Moreover, they are also able to match the best talent to the tasks they are required to perform.
· Job-based coaching and development – Managers are thereby able to identify the key factors which will enable them to successfully motivate, manage, and develop the talents of every individual.
· Individual’s strengths and challenges – By understanding the strengths and challenges faced by the individual, managers are able to assist them in finding the best ways to adapt within the organization or situation.
· Keys to management effectiveness – Effective managers will have fully understood what rewards and motivators drive the individual to do their job.
· Keys to team building – It is essential that all managers understand the keys to team building as these are what enable them to build teams which are able to work both effectively and profitably for the overall benefit of the company.
· Performance reviews – Regularly carrying out performance reviews on every individual ensures that talent is properly identified, developed, and afforded the opportunity to succeed on an ongoing basis.
· Career path building blocks – Help each person identify ways to grow within the company.
There are some simple steps that business owners, recruiters, and managers can take to improve on both their selection and retention strategies. These include:
· Assess the current status – First, the recruiter/manager needs to assess the current status of the candidate. For this, they may consider the Cost of Employee Turnover, percentage of Employee Turnover, Retention percentage and Tenure Analysis.
· Benchmark job – This involves determining the key accountabilities of the candidate through the use of the multiple assessment tools available.
· Update selection process – Recruiters/managers must never forget about on-boarding, as well as ensuring that they utilize the Job and Candidate Portfolios.
· Update development program – This job benchmark allows for the creation of custom development plans, New Hire Orientation, & Current Employee Development Systems.
· Implementation – Ensuring that implementation is permanent and across the entire organization.
~ Written by Gary Sorrell, Sorrell Associates, LLC.
Copyright protected worldwide. All rights reserved. Must have written permission to use this content in any form from Gary Sorrell.
Start Using Our Newsletter Service Today!
Since 1995, Sorrell Associates has been producing proven effective customized newsletters, blogs, and marketing programs. We offer these powerful marketing products/services in order to help you achieve your dreams and goals through an effective proven communications tool. Contact us today to see how we can put your marketing on auto pilot. 740-824-4842. http://www.NewsletterVille.com
PS – sign up for our Free Newsletter and receive 3 Free Special Reports…Instantly. Click here.